This month, we want to introduce you to our latest partner Romer Skincare. Based here…
Another successful Thanksgiving: Your stomach is filled with turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie, and you’re lying on the couch in front of a TV running a disappointing Cowboys vs Football Team matchup. But wait! Here’s an opportunity for you to do some exercises to aid with digestion and maybe open up some space for a midnight snack.
Disclaimer: The best way to aid digestion is to lead an overall healthy and active lifestyle in preparation for your Thanksgiving meal. This includes a high-fiber diet (fruits and vegetables) and drinking lots of water.
- Thread the needle: gentle mobility to warm up your back muscles and the joints in your spine.
- Bird dog: This exercise works your scapular muscles, back muscles, core, and glutes.
- Body-weight squat progression: Resistance exercise is OK to do after eating! Maybe not immediately, but give it about 45 minutes, and keep it moderately difficult or less.
- Taking a walk: Research supports walking after eating! It has been linked to faster digestion and lower rates of heartburn.
- Hop on the stationary bike: Keep things light- to moderate-intensity.