Join our React physical therapists for FREE live web-based seminars! We’ll be providing demonstrations and education you can utilize in your daily life to find pain relief, increase mobility, release restrictions, and much more!
Reserve your spot by registering via the links below!
The Kinetic Chain and Crossed Syndrome
Thursday, August 20th, 1:00 PM (CDT), (approximately 30 min)
- In order to understand our body and keep our musculoskeletal system healthy, we need to appreciate the concept of the kinetic chain and its effect on our body as a whole unit. In this educational webinar, we will look into the brief history of the kinetic chain and its application to the human body. We will also look at examples of this with the upper and lower crossed syndrome. Join John Kim, PT, DPT for this educational experience to gain a deeper understanding of how your body works!
Benefits of Dry Needling
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2:30 PM (CDT), (approximately 30 min)
- Dry needling has been found to be beneficial for a wide variety of conditions and can be used for all ages. Anyone who is dealing with excessive muscle tightness, postural pain, athletic injuries, or even post-op complications, dry needling can help you. To learn more about what dry needling is, what types of conditions it can benefit, and what to expect before coming to a session, join Dan Foley, PT, DPT for this webinar. Is dry needling for you? Let’s find out!
Continue to check back for additional events provided by React Physical Therapy!
Webinar: Women’s Health: Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
- Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse – when your pelvic floor doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do. Women’s bodies are designed to do incredible things, yet our anatomy can predispose us to things going awry- like leaking when you laugh or sneeze. Join our Women’s Health Specialist, Rebekah Wolinetz, PT, DPT, in learning more about two common conditions women can experience throughout their lifetime: urinary leakage and pelvic organ prolapse. Learn about the pelvic floor muscles, what can cause these conditions to happen, and what you can do about it in our upcoming webinar!
Webinar: Corrective Exercises: How to Build Strength Safely
Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020
- The term ‘corrective exercise’ covers a huge arsenal of exercises that are commonly used by physical therapists to build strength when someone presents with dysfunctional movement. These are simple movements that are intended to strengthen specific muscles that are required for stabilization during more complex movements. Many times we encounter people who are in pain because they have been performing these more complex movements without the proper stabilization strength. In this webinar, we’ll discuss common movement faults that can lead to pain/injury and guide you through corrective exercises that are easy to do at home. All of these will be accomplished with either a TheraBand or no equipment at all. If you have a TheraBand, feel free to bring it and exercise along with us!
Webinar: How to Decrease Upper Trap Tightness and Improve Upper Back Mobility
Wednesday, July 15th, 2020
- Join Michele Schultz, PT, DPT from React Physical Therapy for a live webinar as she provides education and demonstrations focused on decreasing upper trap tightness and addressing upper back mobility with the use of active releases, stretches, and a functional warm-up. With spending more time at home and performing home-workouts, it is important to incorporate simple movements into your routine to decrease the risk of injury while staying active. To follow along live with the demonstrations, make sure to grab a broom/some sort of pole, a foam roller, and a lacrosse ball
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
- Low back pain or pelvic girdle pain is common during pregnancy, but it can affect your ability to stay healthy and active. Join React’s Women’s Health Specialist, Rebekah Wolinetz, PT, DPT for a live webinar to learn how to avoid pain during pregnancy. Rebekah will discuss changes that happen during pregnancy that can lead to pain as well as tips and techniques on ways to avoid pain, and why you should seek care so that you can enjoy your pregnancy!
Wednesday, June 24th, 2020
- It is almost inevitable that we will all experience back pain at some point during our lives. Join Franco Calabrese, PT, DPT for a webinar as he explains potential causes and strategies to combat and overcome low back pain. As a bonus, Franco will also include some tips about getting back to pre-quarantine routines and how to avoid major setbacks!
Monday, June 15th, 2020
- Join Michele Schultz, PT, DPT, and Rebekah Wolinetz, PT, DPT from React Physical Therapy for a live webinar on hip impingement. Hip impingement is a common injury that can limit you with everyday activity. This can be due to muscular imbalances, issues deeper at the joint level, or a combination of both. Michele and Rebekah will discuss common symptoms that you may experience, ways to test your limitations, and simple exercises to help alleviate pain and keep you moving!
Thursday, June 4th, 2020
- Join Garrick Lim, PT, DPT from React Physical Therapy for a live webinar on the effects that tight hip flexors can have on your body. Tight hip flexors are commonly seen in people who sit for the majority of the day and, as a result, can have negative effects on your posture, pain levels, and overall physical performance. Garrick will be providing a brief overview of what the hip flexors are, how to tell if yours are tight, how they can affect your body, and what you can do to fix it.
Thursday, May 28th, 2020
- Join Kevin Martin, PT, DPT for a live webinar discussing reasons why you may be having heel pain. Plantar fasciopathy is a very common injury that limits your ability to be active and enjoy nice long walks on a beautiful day. This pathology is often the result of muscle imbalances that are occurring up the kinetic chain in your hips or even your back. Kevin will discuss ways to identify your particular muscle Imbalances and demonstrate different exercises to start incorporating into your exercise routine.
Webinar: Golf Mobility & Mechanics: Avoid Injury and Improve Performance
Tuesday, May 19th, 2020
- Join Scott Robin, PT, DPT from React Physical Therapy for a live webinar as he discusses the importance of full-body mobility/motor control to optimize performance while decreasing the risk of injury. He will cover specific drills to target the mobility required to unlock proper swing mechanics. Prep your body before the season, and elevate your game! To follow along live with demonstrations, grab some sort of pole (a golf club or broom work), and a foam roller!
Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- Join Johanna Diamond, PT, DPT live for a free Happy Hour Webinar focused on injury prevention and ramping up for longer runs, including some runner-focused strengthening exercises. While group runs and races have been canceled due to social distancing, we’re luckily still able to run solo! We also have a unique opportunity to focus on addressing our weaknesses, which we don’t always make time for when life is normal and busy. Experience live, informational demonstrations from an experienced physical therapist and runner! So grab a computer, tablet, or phone and your favorite beer and join React Physical Therapy for this interactive webinar.
Webinar: Avoid Neck and Upper Back Pain While Sheltering at Home
- Technology has given us a great opportunity to stay connected and busy while we stay at home, but this also leads to less movement throughout our daily routine. Notably, we are moving our head and neck significantly less. Without movement, our body adapts to a single position which can lead to a lot of discomforts or even pain. Join Anthony Abbonato, PT, DPT to discuss simple ways you can reintroduce movement into your routine in order to help prevent neck and upper back pain. Key Points: Home work station habits, avoiding neck pain, simple exercises to keep you moving.
Webinar: POW! Gym: Knee Pain – Why do I have it? How to get rid of it
Wednesday, May 6th, 2020
- Join Bartosz Kuczyc, PT, DPT to discuss possible causes of knee pain and learn about the different methods for addressing them. Bartosz will demonstrate examples of proximal strengthening exercises for the hips/glutes, different loading strategies to increase posterior chain activation, as well as activity modifications to prevent reoccurring pain while keeping you active.
Webinar: How to Train Your Rotator Cuff
Tuesday, May 5th, 2020
- Join Garrick Lim, PT, DPT from React Physical Therapy as he discusses the importance of the rotator cuff and how training it can prevent common aches and pains associated with boxing. Garrick will provide an overview of the anatomy and function of the rotator cuff and how it relates to high-level activities such as boxing. He will be demonstrating simple exercises that you can implement into your training routine either at home or at the gym to help strengthen this often forgotten muscle group and stay pain-free and injury-free.
Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
- Join Melissa Luety, PT, DPT in a webinar session focused on off-the-mat work designed to boost your practice. In this shoulder-focused discussion, we’ll take physical therapy strategies for functional performance and injury prevention and use them to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and identify key areas to focus on to elevate your practice safely.
Webinar: Shoulder Impingement and Lifting
Thursday, April 23rd, 2020
- Join Kevin Martin, PT, DPT for a live webinar discussing common shoulder injuries and how to avoid them when weight lifting. The shoulder is one of the most common injured areas in the body based on its unique anatomy. Rotator cuff injuries can often be avoided by incorporating some important exercises into your weight lifting routine. Kevin will demonstrate and discuss such exercises along with different strategies to implement if you are currently experiencing pain.
Webinar: Active Releases: Purpose and Demonstration
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020
- Join Dan Foley, PT, DPT as he discusses the reasoning for why to use active releases and how it can benefit your pain relief, strength, and mobility. Dan will be demonstrating techniques you can use at home or at the gym, to perform active releases on your own. This webinar will include releases to muscles from your shoulders, down to your feet.If you want to practice the techniques along with Dan during the webinar collect the following prior to the webinar: a lacrosse ball (or a baseball/golf ball), and a foam roller.
Webinar: Importance of a Functional Warm-up
Thursday, April 16th, 2020
- Join React’s Founder and CEO, David Reavy, PT, OCS as he provides education and demonstrations focused on the importance of a functional warm-up. Hear from David Reavy as he discusses functional warm-up vs stretching, why exercise order matters and more!
Webinar: Foot and Ankle
Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
- Hear from John Kim, PT, DPT as he discusses the importance of ankle and foot mobility with functional activity. John will be providing insight on the impact of the foot and ankle on the kinetic chain and providing an overview of the anatomy of the ankle and foot. Join John as he demonstrates self mobilizations and strengthening exercises you can do at home!
Webinar: Exercising With Low Back Pain
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
- Join Andrew Yoon, PT, DPT for a live webinar discussion and demonstrations on exercising with back pain. Oftentimes, new or chronic bouts of back pain may cause individuals to decrease movement and levels of activity. Given our current circumstances causing many of us to work from home, this can be particularly easy and seen as a solution to pain; however, decreasing activity can actually be a factor that worsens and prolongs the episode. So what should we do? KEEP MOVING! Andrew will help identify and explain methods of maintaining mobility and performing exercises at home safely and effectively.
Webinar: At-home Injury Prevention and Strength Session for Runners
Thursday, April 2nd, 2020
- Join Johanna Diamond, PT, DPT for a live webinar strength session that you can do at home- this is great for runners, athletes, or if you’re simply looking for a home workout option. Spring races and seasons have been canceled, and most of us are homebound… luckily, we’re still able to RUN! We also have a unique opportunity to focus on addressing our weaknesses, which we don’t always make time for when life is normal and busy. Experience live, informational demonstrations from an experienced physical therapist and runner!
Webinar: Hip Mobility
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Hear from Summer Sanders, PT, DPT on how to assess your pelvic alignment at home, the relation between the position of the pelvis and hip mobility, and what you can do to address tight hips. Summer Sanders, PT, DPT will be demonstrating releases and mobilizations and interacting live with participants to answer any questions regarding hip mobility issues you’re currently experiencing.
Webinar: Correct Posture for Remote and In-Office Workspace
Tuesday, March 24th, 2020
- Learn from Franco Calabrese, PT, DPT on how to combat common remote and in-office workplace aches and pains, including tech neck, low back pain and much more!
Any Questions? Email email@example.com
Don’t be defined by your injury. Make an appointment with a React Physical Therapist and start engineering your comeback today.
I’ve had some bad luck with injuries. I had 12 holes in right knee, many doctors said I should stop playing basketball. David has been able to put me back together. I’m not worried if I get hurt because I know I can come see him and get back to 100%.
I would say working with David helps you to learn about your body, not only in sports but in life. How to make taking care of your body part of your daily routine. I feel a lot faster and stronger since coming here. My body feels more balanced.
I’ve been playing basketball overseas for three years and this last summer was the first time I came to see David consistently. After doing my therapy and all of the exercises David gave me on a regular basis, I had the best season percentage wise that I have ever had.
For the past 2-3 years I had been experiencing right leg pain, back pain, and a slew of other issues. A friend of mine referred me to React and I’m truly amazed by my progress. A few months later and I’m now 100% healed. If you have imbalances, flexibility issues, mobility issues, call React.
I am so indebted to React. For so long, having pain in my shoulder was so normal, I didn’t even think about it. The first time I woke up and walked around for hours before realizing I wasn’t in pain was amazing. I can’t thank them enough for their detailed, careful, and hard work to fix me up.
I came here fresh off a major hip operation and knee repair. My body was completely unbalanced. I think since my time here, we’ve made huge strides I didn’t think were possible. My stability and strength is better than it’s been in probably 10 years. I think it has everything to do with David and the techniques he has used. I’ve never seen anything like it before.