We know that recovering from injuries sustained at the workplace can take a toll not just on your body but on your mind too. Questions may swirl about whether you will ever be able to move through the world the way you did before your injury. At React Physical Therapy, our goal is to become a partner in your recovery and help you to regain your previous level of function when possible. Our whole body approach will address your current issues and help make you stronger than ever.
What To Expect
- We treat Worker’s Compensation patients at all React Physical Therapy locations.
- We conduct Functional Capacity Evaluations and Work Conditioning at our West Loop location only.
- Before you even come in, we will contact your insurance company to determine eligibility and coverage for therapy services.
- In order to verify coverage, you will need to provide us with the insurance company’s name, address, phone number, your claim number, attorney contact info (if applicable), and date of injury in order for us to schedule your appointment. We might also need other documentation such as the script from your doctor and information regarding your private insurance policy. We accept all Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident insurances.
- We will explain your benefits to you and be available to answer any questions along the way.
FCEs Information for Patients
If you’ve taken time off work due to an injury, a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an important test used to tell if you are able to safely return to work. React Physical Therapy’s certified functional evaluators administer FCEs to make sure you can perform your job duties at the highest level to prevent further injury.
During an FCE, we will take you through specific fine motor, strength, and work related activities, based off of your job requirements, and rate your ability to perform each task.
The evaluation can last a few hours, but afterwards we will be able to tell you and your employer when, and in what capacity, you can return to work. We’ll also provide you with any further recommendations for your recovery.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or if you would like to schedule an FCE.
Based on the results of your FCE, your therapist, doctor, or employer might recommend Work Conditioning or Work Hardening. During both Work Conditioning and Work Hardening, your therapist will give you tasks that mimic the tasks of your typical workday to prepare you to get back to work.
Work Conditioning typically consists of one-hour session up to five times a week, depending on your needs. Work Hardening would also be up to five times a week, but would be more intense sessions lasting up to four or five hours.
FCE information for Employers
FCEs are beneficial for both employers and employees. If an employee returns to work before they are physically ready, it could result in another injury, more time off for the employee, and potential revenue lost.
FCEs will give you accurate and objective information to explain exactly what your employee is capable of doing at work, maximizing his or her potential and minimizing your loss.
We work with Workers Compensation plans from:
Chicago Fire Dept.
Chicago Police Dept.
Chicago Public Schools
Chicago Dept. of Streets/Sanitation
Chicago Park District
Chicago Dept. of Water
All City of Chicago Municipal Gov. Agencies
Please contact us if you have any further questions of you would like to refer an employee to us for an FCE.